Error creating strongly typed dataset in web project

Apr 26, 2007 at 6:31 PM
Edited Apr 26, 2007 at 7:26 PM
I'm trying to use reportviewer in local mode with the web client architecture. The problem is we have sql reporting services from sql server 2000 so it gives me a version mismatch error if I try to use it in remote mode. I figured creating in local mode would be better performance wise anyway. When I try to create a strongly typed dataset by right clicking the web project and selecting add new item -> dataset (xsd), it first asks if I want to put it in the AppCode folder, which is fine, but then when I click yes it then adds the dataset and then visual studio gives me an error message stating "Object reference not set to an instance of an object." When I click ok, it brings up the add new item dialog again asking me to select which type of item, and then it pretty much goes in a loop whenever I select dataset. I'm stumped on this issue because on a regular class library project, it lets me create the dataset just fine, but it fails on the web project. Does anyone have any ideas about this or maybe a different method so I can still use ReportViewer??