View Presenter Exception after fix applied

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Apr 13, 2007 at 7:22 PM
So I've been happily using the WCSF for about a few weeks and the view-presenter error came back. I had previously applied the fix to the recipe file so I have no idea why this might be happening again. I've uninstalled, reinstalled, and refixed the WCSF and I still get this error every time I try to use the view-presenter recipe. I'm using the Enterprise Library 2.0. Any ideas on how to fix this?

Here is the error:

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ValueProviderException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateView. Error was: An error happened while calling the value provider or evaluating the default value of argument ModuleInfos..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.ArgumentException: Value Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.Configuration.DependantModuleInfo[] specified for argument ModuleInfos can't be converted to the argument type Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.Configuration.DependantModuleInfo[].
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.DictionaryService.SetValue(Object key, Object value)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.CallProviders(IDictionary providers, IDictionaryService readonlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, Boolean isBefore)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.CallProviders(IDictionary providers, IDictionaryService readonlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, Boolean isBefore)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Inv
Coordinator
Apr 13, 2007 at 10:08 PM
Hi atevans,
Are you by any chance using an unsigned version of CompositeWeb.dll in your application (where you are trying to run the recipe)?
To check for this open with the assembly with MSIL Disassembler (this tool comes with VS) or Reflector, and see if it has a PublicKeyToken.

By the way, this problem will be fixed once and for all in WCSF 1.1 (cooming soon).

Julián Domínguez
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/jdominguez
Apr 14, 2007 at 8:16 PM
Yes I am. So here's what I did for now. I replaced the "PublicKey=null" in the recipe with my public key for compositeweb.dll and it seems to be working now.
Apr 17, 2007 at 4:58 AM
Hi Julian,
I'm experiencing similar problem.
where can I find MSIL Disassembler tool? (\\path) or reflector.

(Can't wait for WCSF 1.1)
Thanks
Apr 17, 2007 at 9:07 AM
Hi,
I think I managed to get it.
My PublicKeyToken isn't empty, so I presume that I'm using a signed version?

Thanks