How to use WCF with WCSF?

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Mar 27, 2007 at 11:26 AM
I have a WCF-service created with WSSF (Web Service Software Factory) and would like to use it in my WCSF-solution. Right now I get an exception like this:

Could not find default endpoint element that references contract 'ContractPath' in the ServiceModel client configuration section. This might be because no configuration file was found for your application, or because no endpoint element matching this contract could be found in the client element.

I have an app.config file copied from my WCF-client(created by Web Service Software Factory) and the autogenerated proxy (also from WSSF) copied to my Web Client solution.

Have anyone a tip for this to work while the WCSF-team are updating the WCSF with this functionality? I think this should be straight forward but it seems to be something I'm missing.

Regards

Fred
Mar 27, 2007 at 1:02 PM
Well, I found out on this one. I had to put the system.serviceModel section in the web.config of the website root, not in the sub-directory customers which was created with my customer-module. I thought it was most logical to put system.serviceModel section in the web.config that was related to my customer-module.

Anyway, now it works!