Error Running WAP Guidanace Package - Not Trusted Location

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Mar 27, 2007 at 3:06 AM
I successfully installed the WAP Guidance Package on one of my laptops only to get the following error when running as Admin. I need the WAP version for a new project and I need to use the newly formatted laptop with Windows XP SP2, Visual Studio 2005 SP1, the older GAT/GAX, etc. Any ideas how I fix it? The normal guidance package works fine, of course, but I need WAP.

System.Security.SecurityException: Package WebClientFactoryGuidancePackageWithWAPSupport configuration file is located at C:\WCSFSource\GP\WebClientFactoryWAPSupport\WebClientFactoryPackage\bin\Debug\\WebClientFactoryPackage.xml which is not a trusted location.
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.CheckPackageSecurity(String package, String location)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.GetConfigurationReader(String packageName)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.EnablePackage(String packageName)
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.LoadPackage()
   at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.RunStarted(Object automationObject, Dictionary`2 replacementsDictionary, WizardRunKind runKind, Object[] customParams)

How can any location on my laptop not be trusted when running as Admin? Any help is appreciated as this is pretty urgent.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
Coordinator
Mar 27, 2007 at 3:31 PM
Hi David,
Apparently, there is a problem with downloading the guidance package from the web. GAX fails to create solutions because the file (WebClientFactoryPackage.xml) came from an untrusted source.

There is already a workaround to this. Browse to this file ( C:\WCSFSource\GP\WebClientFactoryWAPSupport\WebClientFactoryPackage\bin\Debug\\WebClientFactoryPackage.xml or copy the path from the SecurityException if you installed it on a different path) and right click on it, and select Properties. There is a button “Unblock”, click it.
We will change the wiki page to provide this tip (this does not happen in every system configuration, but it’s worth preventing it)
Please let me know if this solves the problem for you,

Julián Domínguez
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/jdominguez
Mar 27, 2007 at 5:10 PM
Thanks, Julián. I appreciate the quick response as that had me stuck. It resolved that problem nicely.

But unfortunately, I now get a recipe error that keeps the solution from being created as I mention in the following post:

WAP Guidance Packager Error: Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException

Any idea on how to fix that problem?

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#