Page Flow Composition ?

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Feb 18, 2007 at 1:01 PM
Hi,

The help file states:
Page flow composition. Using page flow, you can reuse entire presentation processes. You can compose larger page flows from other page flows. For example, a page flow for the checkout process of an e-commerce site invokes another page flow for credit card payment by passing data to that page flow (and receiving data back from the page flow when it completes).

Am I missing something, I cannot seem to find any API that supports this scenario.
Do I have to implement this myself using: Suspend, call new flow with parameters, Resume accept returned parameters?

kr,
Michel.
Feb 21, 2007 at 5:22 AM
I also need to know how to do this. Did you get this working ?

Would appreciate if some patterns guru can help us out here !.

Regards & thanks
Kapil
Feb 21, 2007 at 7:59 AM
In a previous life I did this using an XML driven state engine.
I used the same technique but replaced the state machine by the Page Flow Block.
Basically I have a stack of controllers (MVC) and calling a subflow involves pushing a new MVC environment onto the stack and popping it when done. Issues were to keep my stack in sync with the persisted state of the flows(page and work).
Still deciding on how to implement parameter passing/return value semantics...
Feb 21, 2007 at 3:39 PM
Does anyone think that 'InvokeWorkflow' Activity should help here ?. I am very new (few days) to Windows Workflow so looking for suggestion here (in the process of getting the WF concepts cleared).
Feb 24, 2007 at 1:44 PM
I would imagine the Page Flow Block would use this underneath. Note that the Invoke is Async, so without support from this block I guess you would need to provide your own sync/parameter passing mechanism.

Anybody out there who can confirm that support for this kind of scenario is in the block's pipeline ?