Transfer state between pageflows (similar to UIP using taskargs)

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, UIP Application Block discussion, User Forum
Jul 29, 2009 at 4:51 PM

Hi,

I am struggling to find a way to transfer the state to the next pageflow state. Here is my scenario

I am right now in searchController and need to start a new navigation graph

Public Sub gotoRestraintPageFlow()
            Try
                searchpageflow.Complete()
'At this point I want to transfer few values from SearchState to RestraintState.
                RestraintPageFlow.Start()
                RestraintPageFlow.RedirectToCurrentPage()
            Catch ex As Exception
                Throw ex
            End Try
End Sub

Searchpageflow and restraintpageflow are properties of searchcontroller.

RestraintPageFlow is part of restraintcontroller and restraint navigation graph.

SearchPageflow is part of searchcontroller and search navigation graph

When I was working with UIP I used to transfer using taskargumentholder and using EnterTask get the values to the next graph. 

Any help in this regard is much appreciated.

Kanaka

Jul 30, 2009 at 3:38 PM

Hi Kanaka, 

If I understood you correctly, you are using the Page Flow Application Block, and you need to transfer certain values from page flow to another.
If this is the case, you could use the approach used to store data across multiple page requests. Using the UserData property of the page flow instance. For example:

RestraintPageFlow.UserData["ValueTransfered"] = searchpageflow.UserData["ValueToTransfer"];

You can read further on the use of the Page Flow Application Block and find some sample solutions in the Hands-on Labs for WCSF June 2007 Release. There is one lab specially dedicated to PFAB.

Hope it helps!

Matias Bonaventura
http://blogs.southworks.net/matiasb

Aug 10, 2009 at 8:40 PM

Thanks Matias, It worked good.