Default directory in the Website for Business Modules

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Apr 6, 2009 at 2:43 PM
I'm creating Business modules via the WCSF guidance package.  I can get it to create the module in a "directory" called modules, but when it adds the necessary files to the website, it always puts them in the "Root" of my web.  I cannot put a "\" in the folder name when creating the directory and moving it after creation has turned out to be a burden.

I prefer to have these folders created in a "Views" directory, where I will be creating all the presentation pages.

Any way to change where the directories/files are created in the website?  With all the people we have working on this project, I don't want the root getting out of hand...

Thanks!

Tim
Developer
Apr 6, 2009 at 6:47 PM

Hi Tim,

The wizard included in the WCSF creates a folder in the website for each of the modules. Unfortunately it does not support creating this folder in any other location but the root of the website solution. In order achieve what you are looking for, you will need to modify the Guidance Package. You might find useful the following article in the documentation: Modifying the Guidance Package

Take into account that it might not be easy to customize the Guidance Package, but it can be done after understanding how it works. The source code of the WCSF can be obtained after running an installer that comes with the downloaded factory.

Perhaps the following thread, in which Michael Puleio (p&p Dev Lead), explains how to customize the Guidance Package could be useful for you:

·         How do i customise WCSF to remove presenter layer

Below you can find a link to the GAT/GAX site, one of the main things you will need to understand and a requirement to customize the Guidance Package:

·         Guidance Automation Extensions and Guidance Automation Toolkit

Please let me know if this helps.

Hope it helps!

Matias Bonaventura

http://blogs.southworks.net/matiasb