Shared User Control in WCSF Feb 2008 Release

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, Project Management Forum, UIP Application Block discussion, User Forum
Feb 26, 2009 at 2:16 AM
Hello,

1) I have to create a user control that needs to be shared by multiple modules. What is the best way of doing it? I have seen some samples, and that suggests to have a different business module for the shared user control. Ideally, I would not like to have a seperate project just for the user controls.

I feel this can go into the shell module, but from the shell module, I am not able to access the services, exposed by the other foundation modules...

2) If in the master page, I need to bring some common data from the data base how to do it? I have a foundation module, which has a local service and internally it makes a call to the WCF service and returns the data. But I am unable to consume the foundation module service in the shell module.

Any pointer or help will be appreciated.

Thank you,

Apr 4, 2009 at 2:38 AM
Why can't you access your foundational module from Shell?  You should be able to do that without any problems.  Just make sure you add the dependency in the root web.config file, and you can access that service.  Also, you can make your services from your business modules available to any other module by adding them to global services.