Project creation failed - HRESULT 0x80131040

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Oct 30, 2008 at 10:22 AM
I have worked through the hands on lab and am ready to start my first project and when I selected the Web Client C# option the project creation came up with this message:

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.TemplateWizard, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

Anyone any hints for me?

Regards, Major.
p.s. Major is my Christian name :-)
Oct 30, 2008 at 5:04 PM

Hi Major

Perhaps you could find useful the following thread of the WCSF forum that deals with the same problem:

·         WCSF 2.0 and VS 2008

If the previous thread did not solve your problem, could you please provide more information like:

·         Visual Studio version.

·         WCSF version.

·         GAX/GAT version.

·         If you are upgrading a solution from a previous release of the factory.

·         If you have installed side-by-side different versions of the factory on your box.

·         Any other information that you think could be relevant.

Please let me know if this helps.

Mariano Converti

http://blogs.southworks.net/mconverti

Oct 31, 2008 at 8:55 AM
Thanks for the tip Mariano. ;-)
Problem resolved.
I did two things:
1. Copied the Microsoft.VisualStudio.TemplateWizard.dll (version 8.0.0.0) from another system running Visual Studio 2005 to the windows\assembly folder.
2. Uncommented the line in devenv.exe.config for Microsoft.VisualStudio.TemplateWizard
I closed and restarted VisualStiudio and repeated the create project and I now have the project created.

Regards, Major.