February 2008 add view recipe missing

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Oct 1, 2008 at 7:19 AM
I am following the hands on lab and reached lab 03 where it requires me to add a view but I am stuck because there is no Web Client Factory option in the Add menu when I have selected the C# project.
Looking at Tools, Guidance Package Manager the list of recipies does not include any views.
To me it looks like the Web Client factory installation does not contain the view recipies.

Anyone any hints as to how I get round this?

Regards, Major.
p.s. Major is my Christian name ;-)
Developer
Oct 1, 2008 at 3:23 PM

Hi

What version of Web Client Software Factory do have installed? The current Hands-On-Labs were written for the Web Client Software Factory - June 2007 release.

In newer releases of the Factory the Add View (with presenter) recipe was renamed with Add Page (with presenter). This recipe is only enabled in a context of a Web Site/Web Application Project (WAP). So if you are trying to use it in a regular C# project, you will not be able to find it.

Please let me know if this helps.

Mariano Converti

http://blogs.southworks.net/mconverti
Oct 2, 2008 at 8:13 AM
Mariano, thanks for the response.
I am using the latest hands-on labs so that explains why I cannot see the Add View.

Do you think I should be able to continue with the labs or abandon this learning activity and wait for the updated hands-on labs? 

Do you happen to know when the hands-on lab will be updated?

Regards, Major.
Developer
Oct 2, 2008 at 1:03 PM

Hi

I think that you could continue with the current labs even using the WCSF – February 2008 release. The only Lab that you will not be able to perform with the current factory release is Lab 8: Using Page Flow because Page Flow was not shipped with it (actually it is part of the WCSFContrib source code).

The Add View (renamed to Add Page) recipe should still be available in the context of the web site, in the same way as in the previous release. So if you are still having problems adding views at that place, please let me know.

I have no news about updating the Hands-On-Lab, but if you think that this could be useful for the community you can open a WorkItem in the Issue Tracker so people can vote for it.

Please let me know if this helps.

Mariano Converti

http://blogs.southworks.net/mconverti