Which verison of the Web Client Software Factory do I have?

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Sep 11, 2008 at 6:24 AM
Hi,
I've inherrited an ASP.NET 2.0 project (Visual Studio 2005) which uses the Web Client Software Factory and I'll be doing development (obviously) so I need to know which version I have. How can i do this?
The properties of:
Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb    show file version     1.1.0.0
Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.EnterpriseLibrary    show file version     1.1.0.0
so I'm assumming its the June 07 version: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=DFE00522-2642-4C91-B68A-C91AA9AB3DCD&displaylang=en

Am i right?

..but Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common shows 3.1.0.0   (I'm confused ?!?)

Thanks.
Developer
Sep 11, 2008 at 1:16 PM
Edited Sep 11, 2008 at 1:18 PM

Hi

The Composite Web Application Block version provided by the WCSF – June 2007 release is 1.1.0.0. This application block is composed by the following assemblies:

·         Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.dll

·         Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.EnterpriseLibrary.dll

The Enterprise Library is a set of application blocks provided by the Patterns & Practices team and it is separated  from the Web Client Software Factory. That version of the factory generates code that use the Enterprise Library 3.1 - May 2007 release and includes the following assemblies:

·         Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common.dll

·         Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Data.dll

·         Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.dll

·         Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging.dll

·         Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging.dll

·         Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security.dll

·         Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.dll

·         Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.Integration.AspNet.dll

·         Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Validation.Integration.WinForms.dll

·         Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.dll

Please, let me know if it helps.

Mariano Converti

http://blogs.southworks.net/mconverti
Sep 23, 2008 at 7:18 AM
Yes, thank-you.