dynamic PageFlows

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Jan 10, 2007 at 5:08 PM
Hi all,
We are building a solution where PageFlows will be generated based on external sources. Super-Users will be able to decide who goes where and define their own PageFlows (with some contrains). These definitions will be persisted and normal users will use these PageFlows definitions when they interact with the App.

I'm trying to see if it's possible to create a PageFlow on the fly. On the quickstarts, as well as the docs all I've seen are static PageFlows, was wondering if it's possible to Add Views and transitions to a PageFlow definition on the fly.

Appreciate any comments.

thnxs!
Alex
Jan 10, 2007 at 7:12 PM
I too would be very interested in some guidance on this, or suggestions. If my understanding is correct, my initial thoughts surround the possibility of developing a component that would generate the XAML ingested by the page flow controllers... good idea, bad idea?
Jan 10, 2007 at 10:28 PM
Hi -

Changing a pageflow on the fly is out of scope on this release.
The WorkflowFoundationPageFlowDefinition is a read-only class which allows query the structure of a given page flow, but is not writable.

Thanks,
Matias
http://staff.southworks.net/matiaswoloski
Jan 11, 2007 at 9:08 AM
Just build your own page flow engine.

I've tryed that as an exercise. It's not easy, but it's doable. And, since it's a decoupled application block. You can reuse it between applications or change it for the same application.