deploying in wcsf2010

Mar 16, 2011 at 10:05 PM

hi iam using wcsf2010 and i dont understand how to make the deployment when i have diferetet modules in diferent solution

so per example i have a solution whit a module that makes my logguin class that a developer did, 

other module  from other developers that makes some of my webpage add,delete,edit per example

and another module that from other developer that habe other page that do add,delete,edit for other tables

so my question is how I can join the 3 diferente modules that hare each of one of then in a diferent solucion

i read de documentation it say i have to use xcopy (never use before) but i dont undertand complety how can I join the modules together in one solution

anyone can help me? please

Mar 17, 2011 at 5:45 PM

Hi,

As you already mentioned, you need to use XCopy to deploy your modules on an existing Web Client Solution.

As WCSF provides guidance to deploy each separated solutions by following the steps described in the section named to XCopy deploy a module to a Web site using ASP.NET precompilation section in How To: Deploy Modules documentation. Take into account that with ASP.NET precompilation, you precompile the Web site and deploy the compiled files to the production server with no code behind files.

Basically, you need to copy the module assembly (ModuleA.dll), the module web assembly (ModuleA.Web.dll which contains your aspx code behind files compiled) to the Bin folder of your Web Site Destination Application, and you also need to create a sub folder on this web site to allocate the aspx web pages.

Finally you need to add your module definition into Web Site Destination Application´s Web.config file.

I hope you find this information useful.

Thanks,

Miguel Bronzovic
http://blogs.southworks.net/mbronzovic