Guidance Package in drop 533

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Nov 21, 2006 at 10:50 AM
I think the guidance package provided with this drop doesn't use this drops CWAB. Am I rigth?
Nov 21, 2006 at 2:16 PM
You're right, we meant to state that in the readme. They are close, but slightly out of sync. We decided to put out the drop anyway, to give users a chance to get their feet wet with the guidance package (and with this being a short week here in the US, we may not have a drop this week).

To be explicit: the solution generated by the guidance package assumes a slightly different version of the Composite Web Application Block. Our goal is for you to get the prerequisites installed and use the GP, and get an idea of where we are headed with the solution structure.

Our apologies for not being clear about that in the readme.

Thanks,
Tim
Nov 21, 2006 at 4:34 PM
Are we supposed to use last week's drop? Or is it something between last and this week?
Coordinator
Nov 21, 2006 at 5:41 PM
Paulo,

This is a great question and I am excited to hear that you want more.

The weekly releases need to be a low cost for the team to produce otherwise we will not have time to create the factory itself. The weekly drops are a snapshot of the guidance that is currently under development. They are intended to provide you with early access to the code and related content for your early evaluation.

We will fix this issue in a coming drop of the factory.

blaine
Nov 21, 2006 at 6:25 PM
I am REALLY interested in this project.

After migrating a smart .NET 1.1 application to 2.0 using CAB, I expect this to be what I need for our web applications framework.
Coordinator
Nov 29, 2006 at 3:45 AM
This issue was addressed in the Nov 27th drop.