Nested master pages VS IDE related problems

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Mar 22, 2008 at 9:04 PM

I've created new WSCF project with selected option for having modules with separate web sites. The problem I have here is that in one of the modules I have to create module master page, which should be nested in shell master page. All is cool except the fact that I VS IDE (R#) is reporting as an error value of MasterPageFile="~\Shared\DefaultMaster.master". The reason why is that from perspective of Module web site root folder is module root folder and not the shell root folder.
Everything works fine during the run time (that module web site is still just a a subdirectory of the main web site) but I would like to resolve this issue on some way

What is the best practice to be applied in case of nested master pages of modules with separate web sites?

Thanks!
Nikola
Apr 3, 2008 at 7:32 PM
Hi Nikola!
In order to get the design mode working, change the MasterPageFile attribute to a relative path without the ~, like: MasterPageFile="..\Shared\DefaultMaster.master" if the Page or MasterPage is in the module’ root folder, or MasterPageFile="..\..\Shared\DefaultMaster.master" if it is in a subfolder.

Please let me know if this helps.

Jonathan Cisneros
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/jcisneros/default.aspx