Search Bundle

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, Project Management Forum, UIP Application Block discussion, User Forum
Jan 18, 2008 at 1:12 PM
Hi,

In am working on a scenario where-in I have tons of records stored on database which is accessed through wcf service mechanism. since its a problem to look for tons of records at same time. i am supposed to enable real time search using search bundle just released. i added controls to be monitored and the specified the update panel to refreshed with change in monitoring controls. but the issue is when i try loading the control it loads the control properly but after loading the search control it again raises postback of entire page and then again the my custom search control loads, which is basically looping back the entire process again and again.

Then I thought that this problem is because of the june composite web dll. so i used the new dll of composite web to enable search bundle to work.

but its throwing me error saying

Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb, Version=2.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

I changed the old composite web dll reference in every other module in my project. I am not been able to understand why this error is coming and why it is not been able to initialize WebClientApplication Instance.
Jan 18, 2008 at 4:55 PM
Hi.

You can use the RealTimeSearchMonitor control in a WC-SF 1.1 application.
In order to get how to use the RealTimeSearchMonitor control to add real-time search capabilities to a search form, please, read the following topic:

Thanks.

Sebastian Iacomuzzi
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/siacomuzzi
Jan 21, 2008 at 2:40 PM
I have had this happen a few times and it usually happens because I -

1. Didn't Assign an UpdatePanel to the AssociatedUpdatePanelID Property of the RealTimeSearchMonitor Control.
  2. Forgot to put the controls to be monitored outside of the UpdatePanel.
  3. Didn't set the UpdateMode of the UpdatePanel to Conditional.

I believe Points #1 and #2 will cause the problem all the time. Point #3 is just a best practice I think when using UpdatePanels and may not be necessary for the RealTimeSearchMonitor Control.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
Jan 23, 2008 at 9:34 AM
Its nice to have you comment siacomuzzi. Looking quite helpful. I will excercise and let community know whether the things worked out for me or not.

Thanks
Abhijit

siacomuzzi wrote:
Hi.

You can use the RealTimeSearchMonitor control in a WC-SF 1.1 application.
In order to get how to use the RealTimeSearchMonitor control to add real-time search capabilities to a search form, please, read the following topic:

Thanks.

Sebastian Iacomuzzi
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/siacomuzzi

Jan 23, 2008 at 9:36 AM
Edited Jan 23, 2008 at 9:38 AM
Hi David,
Thanks for you viewpoint. I am taking your suggestion into account and let the community know as and when I get something constructive working w.r.t RealTimeSearch in my problem domain.

Thanks
Abhijit

DavidHayden wrote:
I have had this happen a few times and it usually happens because I -

1. Didn't Assign an UpdatePanel to the AssociatedUpdatePanelID Property of the RealTimeSearchMonitor Control.
  2. Forgot to put the controls to be monitored outside of the UpdatePanel.
  3. Didn't set the UpdateMode of the UpdatePanel to Conditional.

I believe Points #1 and #2 will cause the problem all the time. Point #3 is just a best practice I think when using UpdatePanels and may not be necessary for the RealTimeSearchMonitor Control.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#