Failure to Add Page Flow Project

Dec 4, 2007 at 4:41 PM
I tried to follow HOLs (Hands On Labs) instructions to add a page flow project, but I received the following error message and failed to create the project:

System.ArgumentException: The project file 'C:\tempdc\wyriubfy.jxl\Temp\PageFlowProject1.csproj' cannot be opened.
The project type is not supported by this installation.
at EnvDTE.SolutionClass.AddFromTemplate(String FileName, String Destination, String ProjectName, Boolean Exclusive)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TemplateWizard.Wizard.Execute(Object application, Int32 hwndOwner, Object[]& ContextParams, Object[]& CustomParams, wizardResult& retval)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.VszWizard.EnvDTE.IDTWizard.Execute(Object Application, Int32 hwndOwner, Object[]& ContextParams, Object[]& CustomParams, wizardResult& retval)

I installed .Net 3.5 and I can see System.WorkFlowServices 3.5 in my reference dialog window. I am not sure what I am missing in my box that caused the failure. I appreciate any help so that I can continue the project.

David Chu
Dec 4, 2007 at 5:08 PM
I further investigate the issue. I found the template for this PageFlow project at c:\Program Files\Microsoft Web Client Factory\WCSF Guidance Package\Templates\Projects\PageFlow.CS\. I opened the PageFlow.csproj file, and found the following references I don't have in my box:

<Reference Include="System.Workflow.Activities" />
<Reference Include="System.Workflow.ComponentModel" />
<Reference Include="System.Workflow.Runtime" />

I only have System.WorklfowServices, which is located at: c:\Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.5\. I don't have the above 3 assembly files there. I am not sure if that is the reason caused my failure. If it is, how I can get these assembly files installed? Any suggestions?
Dec 4, 2007 at 7:24 PM
I find out that the missing assembly files are actually in v3.0 folder. However, I cannot see these assembly files in Add Reference dialog window. Maybe I have to add v3.0 to the environment var. Which one should I add?
Dec 4, 2007 at 7:44 PM
Hi David.

To add Page Flow projects, the following must be installed:

System.Workflow.Activities, System.Workflow.ComponentModel and System.Workflow.Runtime assemblies are stored in Program Files\Reference Assemblies\Microsoft\Framework\v3.0 folder.

Hope it helps.

Sebastian Iacomuzzi
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/siacomuzzi
Dec 4, 2007 at 8:29 PM
Yes, I just installed VS 2005 extensios for .Net Framework 3.0 (WWF). After that it woks fine. By the way, since I instlaled .Net 3.5 first, I could not install 3.0. I think 3.5 is based on 3.0 and I do see some 3.0 assembly files installed there. Thanks!