WCSF + Silverlight

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Nov 28, 2007 at 3:49 AM
Hello,

Is it possible to use the WCSF with Silverlight?
Nov 28, 2007 at 4:26 AM
I plan to do this. I think the good structure of the WCSF is definitely a help. I'd say Silverlight would just be another 'View". My plan is to use the same kind of web service like for Ajax features on the server side and call that with a Silverlight (1.1) service instead. Everything else just as usual! I can tell you more in two weeks or so...
Nov 28, 2007 at 5:46 AM
Thanks.. I will also try too..

>>I can tell you more in two weeks or so...

Thanks. I'll be waiting..
Dec 7, 2007 at 2:29 AM
Hi Claus,

I have tried using the Silverlight with WCSF. We can't compile the Silverlight and WCSF together within in one project. So, I think we have to compile the silverlight seperately and add it to the web project.. then, it works.
Aug 13, 2009 at 2:28 PM

Hi,

Any recent news/gotchas todos with WCF and silverlight?

Illés

Aug 13, 2009 at 6:18 PM

Hi Illés,

I do not know your application requirements, but p&p released the Prism-v2 project which can be used to create entire Silverlight Applications. If you want to create WebForms apps with Silverlight "islands", WCSF will perfectly support it but does not provide any guidance or automation to accomplish it.

Blaine Wastell, p&p product manager, has shared the WCSF road map in this blog post. On the other hand, patterns and practices wants you to take the Web guidance survey, so you might complete the Web guidance survey to give them any feedback for next version.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman
http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman

Aug 14, 2009 at 4:13 PM

Thanks good one. Missing the guidenance package, but seems to be OK, we will poc it.

Aug 14, 2009 at 6:59 PM

Hi

You might find useful some of the content in the Automation section of the Prism KB. There are some templates and snippets that make some work go faster.

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman
http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman