Failure to create Business Module

Nov 26, 2007 at 9:59 PM
I started a new Web Client Application with Guidance Package Manager. Then I tried to add a EmployeeList business module and checked creating test project, I got error (See followings). If I disable creating test project, the module can be created without any error. I think it might be caused by unavailability of MbUnit test libraries. Is that right?

Here are error messages:

during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateModuleCS. Error was: Action UnfoldModuleTestProjectTemplate failed to execute:
The project file 'C:\tempdc\zp55twbx.nyg\Temp\EmployeeList.Tests.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.ArgumentException: The project file 'C:\tempdc\zp55twbx.nyg\Temp\EmployeeList.Tests.csproj' cannot be opened.

The project type is not supported by this installation.
at EnvDTE.SolutionClass.AddFromTemplate(String FileName, String Destination, String ProjectName, Boolean Exclusive)
at Microsoft.VisualStudio.TemplateWizard.Wizard.Execute(Object application, Int32 hwndOwner, Object[]& ContextParams, Object[]& CustomParams, wizardResult& retval)
at EnvDTE80.SolutionFolder.AddFromTemplate(String FileName, String Destination, String ProjectName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Actions.Templates.UnfoldTemplateAction.AddProjectTemplate(Project project)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Actions.Templates.UnfoldTemplateAction.InternalExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Actions.Templates.UnfoldTemplateAction.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName, Dictionary`2 inputValues)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Coordinators.ConditionalCoordinator.Run(Dictionary`2 declaredActions, XmlElement coordinationData)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.ExecuteFromTemplate(String recipe, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.ExecuteRecipe(Boolean executeActions)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.RunFinished()
Nov 29, 2007 at 3:21 PM
Hi.

In orderTo run the Add Business Module recipe or the Add Foundational Module recipe with the option “Create project for unit tests” checked, you needhave to have a version of Visual Studio that supports Team System unit tests.

Thanks.

Sebastian Iacomuzzi
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/siacomuzzi
Dec 4, 2007 at 4:34 PM
How can I get my VS 2005 to support Team System unit tests? Is Team System unit tests an open source package I can install?
Dec 4, 2007 at 8:41 PM
I find out the product of VS Team Edition for Software Testers at http://msdn2.microsoft.com/en-us/teamsystem/aa718823.aspx, and I think that is what Sebastian mean. It is VS Team. I only have VS Professional Edition. I guess I cannot use the WCSF feature to add test projects or classes. Any way I use NUnit and MbUnit test classes and I can go from there. Thanks!
Jan 9, 2008 at 3:10 PM
Soooo . . . You can only use testing if you buy a more expensive version of the IDE? I thougt one main benefit of this GP was testing. The webcast talks about support for NUnit. Where is it? This is useless.

siacomuzzi wrote:
Hi.

In orderTo run the Add Business Module recipe or the Add Foundational Module recipe with the option “Create project for unit tests” checked, you needhave to have a version of Visual Studio that supports Team System unit tests.

Thanks.

Sebastian Iacomuzzi
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/siacomuzzi