Pageflow Bundle?

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, Project Management Forum
Oct 22, 2007 at 7:04 PM
Is there any documentation or mention for what to expect with the upcoming Pageflow bundle?
Oct 22, 2007 at 10:02 PM
Hi.

The Guidance Automation for PageFlow will not be present in the WCSF vNext release. However you will be able to register both Packages (WCSF 1.1 and vNext) in the same machine in case you need Pageflow guidance package.

Hope it helps!

Sebastian Iacomuzzi
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/siacomuzzi
Oct 23, 2007 at 12:31 AM
Edited Oct 23, 2007 at 12:35 AM
@Katokay

We actually are working on shipping the Page Flow Application block in a separate bundle. This will contain the PageFlow application block, Quick starts, a PageFlow GP and docs. The goal would be to ship this within the next few months.

We are not 100% that we will get this done, but it is pretty likely. If not, we may just release this to the contrib project. Paulo Morgado http://paulomorgado.mvps.org has recently joined contrib and he is somewhat of a PageFlow maven. He's going to be contributing a set of extensions to PageFlow. We also have recently created a PageFlow alternate PageFlow provider that does not require Workflow. We are looking to get this either in the bundle or on contrib as well.

Thanks
Nov 21, 2007 at 4:36 AM
I have installed the Web Client Software Factory June 2007 production release. I then installed the Composite Web Application Block Oct 2007 release to take advantage of the EnableAjax recipe. Now I see the page flow application block has been decremented. What am I to use now to deal with Page Flows while I wait for the new bundle to come out? I cannot wait as I need to roll out this solution tomorrow.
Nov 21, 2007 at 6:25 AM
@razornet

The two guidance packages (WCSF 1.1 and the WCSF 2.0) can live side-by-side allowing you to still use the Pageflow recipes and PageFlow app block.

Regards
Glenn
Jan 13, 2008 at 12:33 AM
@razornet:

Not really, I've been trying to make both run in the same project (using PageFlow into a WCSF v2.0) and I have no success.

I've done the following:

• Created an new C# WCSF/WAP v2.0 Project using the Guidance Package (everything is fine and working as usual)
  • Enable the WCSF v1.1 into the solution using Tools -> Guidance Package Manager -> Checked WebClient Development June 2007
  • Select "Add PageFlow Project (C#)" from the contextual menu in the solution
  • As usual just say the module name

puff!!! I got the exception!
Cannot create wizardpage Add Page Flow Project (Workflow Foundation), could not load type Microsoft.Practices.WebClientFactory.CustomWizardPages.CreatePageFlowProjectPage from assembly Microsoft.Practices.WebClientFactory.GuidancePackage, Version=1.0.2894.17567, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=null

Any ideas?
Jan 21, 2008 at 1:31 PM

gblock wrote:
We also have recently created a PageFlow alternate PageFlow provider that does not require Workflow. We are looking to get this either in the bundle or on contrib as well.

What do you mean by the pageflow provider not requiring workflow? It's a different thing than the page flow application block? Is it coming out soon?
Jan 21, 2008 at 3:38 PM
If you look at the configuration sections describing PageFlow, you will notice that it specifies various providers to provide pageflow functionality. The provider that ships with WCSF uses WF, but you can create your own pageflow provider that does not use WF. Sounds like the WCSF Team created another plageflow provider that does not use WF as an alternative.

Microsoft.Practices.PageFlow - Describes the Provider Interfaces
Microsoft.Practices.PageFlow.WorkflowFoundation - Describes the WF Provider Implementation

I look forward to seeing it and the PageFlow Bundle.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#