Transfering PageFlow to another user?

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Sep 25, 2007 at 12:37 PM
Hi All,
I was wondering if it's possible to do the following:
Person A starts a page flow consisting of say 4 pages. But then on page 2 clicks a button which transfers the page flow over to a different user who can then continue the page flow.

For example, I'm thinking of a user who has to fill in a sickness absence form and then send it (via email) to his manager who then needs to approve it.

Can this be done, can a page flow be transfered to another user who can then continue the pageflow?

Many thanks for your help
Developer
Sep 26, 2007 at 1:15 PM
Hi

The current version of Page Flow Application Block doesn't have support for transfering page flow to another user. You should probably need to start a new workflow programmatically after the PageFlow completes.

Page Flow Application Block does not include support for the following scenarios:

• Progress indicators (also known as "bread crumbs")
  • Pop-up windows
  • Shared transitions between different page flows
  • Query string management
  • Multiple sessions by the same user (for example, the user has a Web client application open in two browser instances at the same time)
  • Multiple users running applications that use the application block on the same computer (the default page flow correlation token provider, CookiePageFlowCorrelationTokenProvider, does not support this)
You can find more information about Page Flow Application Block in the section Web Client Software Factory - June 2007 -> Inspecting the Software Factory Assets -> Application Blocks in the WCSF's documentation .

Please let me know if this helps!

Mariano Converti
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/mconverti/