Can't Add View with Presenter to Shell Module

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Aug 31, 2007 at 6:33 PM
Helloe,

I am running the WCSF and for some reason when I try to add a view with presenter to the shell project I get the error below.
You will see that it thinks the ItemName is null or empty. I am not quite sure how to fix? Anyone have any ideas?

Note: I can add views to other modules that I have created without error.

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateViewCS. Error was: Action AddViewAspxToWebsiteProject failed to execute:
Argument can not be null or have an empty value.
Parameter name: ItemName.
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.ArgumentNullException: Argument can not be null or have an empty value.
Parameter name: ItemName
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.SetupInputs(IAction action, Action config, IDictionary actions, IDictionaryService arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName, Dictionary`2 inputValues)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Coordinators.ConditionalCoordinator.Run(Dictionary`2 declaredActions, XmlElement coordinationData)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()
Sep 1, 2007 at 6:03 PM
Do you have same error when you try to add to other ( Created) Module?
Sep 4, 2007 at 2:55 PM
No, I do not get this error when running the Add View with Presenter recipe on other modules I have created.

samifahmy007 wrote:
Do you have same error when you try to add to other ( Created) Module?