Multiple Instances of same PageFlow Type

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, UIP Application Block discussion, User Forum
Aug 22, 2007 at 7:50 AM
Hi All

Is it possible to create multiple instance with same pageflow definitation?

It is one of the user requirment is allow the user to pop-up five PageFlow instance with same type.

Currently, I use the follow function under the controller to get the pageflow but it return the same instance of the PageFlow, which means that five pop-up windows are using the same instance. Could I solve this problem?

Public ReadOnly Property InBoundStartPageFlow() As IPageFlow
Get
If _InBoundPageFlow Is Nothing Then
_InBoundPageFlow = _pageFlowProvider.GetPageFlow(GetType(InBoundPageFlow))
End If
Return _InBoundPageFlow
End Get
End Property

Regards
Alex
http://princechan.blogspot.com
Aug 22, 2007 at 2:51 PM
Hi Alex!

Sadly, you can’t have many pageflow instances for a same user.
This scenario is not inside PageFlow’s scope, as it’s detailed in the WCSF documentation (inside Page Flow Application Block topic):

Scenarios Not in Scope

This version of the Page Flow Application Block does not include support for the following scenarios:
  • Progress indicators (also known as "bread crumbs")
  • Pop-up windows
  • Shared transitions between different page flows
  • Query string management
  • Multiple sessions by the same user (for example, the user has a Web client application open in two browser instances at the same time)
  • Multiple users running applications that use the application block on the same computer (the default page flow correlation token provider, CookiePageFlowCorrelationTokenProvider, does not support this)

Hope it helps!

Sebastian Iacomuzzi
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/siacomuzzi
Aug 24, 2007 at 3:02 AM
i was just wondering am i correct to say that Workflow foundation also cannot have Multiple sessions by the same user (for example, the user has a Web client application open in two browser instances at the same time)?

marty
Aug 29, 2007 at 10:01 PM
Hi,

Whether there is any workaround to avoid this issue ?

Thanks
Subu