Minor Bug: WAP - Add Business Module - No Default.aspx.designer.cs

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Jun 20, 2007 at 3:23 PM
I noticed that when adding a new business module for a WAP Project that the Default.aspx page that automatically gets added for me by the recipe does not contain a .designer.cs file. I can easily just right-click on it and Convert to Web Application, but it should be added by the recipe.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
Jun 20, 2007 at 4:05 PM
You also don't add the namespace in the WAP in the default.aspx file as well as when using the add view ( with presenter ) recipe.

Hence if I add a ShoppingCart View with add view ( with presenter ) I would expect to see in the codebehind, etc. the class enclosed in the appropriate namespace:

namespace MyNamespace
{
    public partial class ShoppingCart : System.Web.UI.Page, IShoppingCart
    {
        // ...
    }
}

Is there a reason for not doing this?

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
Sep 2, 2008 at 3:26 PM
Having upgraded to WCSF Feb 2008, i've found that adding a Page does the same.  That is, it doesn't seem to add a designer.cs file but your first tip does work.  I guess we could change this but thought it would have been the default?
Dec 12, 2008 at 9:21 AM
Just wondering if there ever came a fix for this?
Using WCSF Feb 2008, and it does not generate an aspx.designer.cs file, which I find annoying as I do not want to mess around in the markup to figure out which control is what.
On top of that, I can't find the Convert to Web Application in the solution explorer for a web site generated with WCSF. However, I can see it if I creat an ASP.Net web site using standard VS2008 templates.

Anyone got an idea on how to solv this? Any new templates that should be used?

Cheers,
Kjetil