Web Application Project Support
One of the biggest requests since the release of the Web Client Software Factory has been supporting Web Application Projects. The out-of-the-box factory only supports Web Site Projects. Now, thanks to great work by a few of the WCSF team members, you can download
the new Web Application Project Guidance Package source code
Note: The Web Client Software Factory - June 2007 release and newer releases already include support for Web Application Projects in the Web Client Development guidance package.
To use the new Guidance Package, which can be used side-by-side with the Released version, do the following:
- Make sure you have VS2005 SP1 OR the Web Application Project extension for VS installed.
- Ensure you have the source code for the Released WCSF on your computer. Run the WebClientFactorySourceInstall.msi (from the Start menu or C:\Program Files\Microsoft Web Client Factory\Source Code). This will place a copy of the source code, by default,
in "~\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source".
- Download the
WebClientFactoryWAPSupport source code zip
- Find the GP folder under the location you have installed the WCSF source code.
- Unzip the souce code to the GP folder. Unzipping should create a WebClientFactoryWAPSupport folder.
- Open up the solution file (WebClientFactory Guidance Package (VSTS Tests).sln OR WebClientFactory Guidance Package.sln) in the WebClientFactoryWAPSupport folder.
- Do a Build -> Rebuild All (if it fails to compile, you did not unzip it to the GP folder)
- Register the newly built WAP enabled Guidance Package.
- Open a new instance of VS and have fun.