Composite Web Client Automation
Cannot resolve release macro, invalid id.Click here to see the documentation
What's the value of this guidance?
- Automates key aspects of developing a composite Web client application using the Composite Web Client Library
- Automates upgrading existing ASP.NET applications to utilize ASP.NET AJAX
What is the concept?
The Composite Web Client Library provides functionality for developing a composite web application. Applications using the library have specific requirements including inherting from a custom Web Application, custom configuration settings, standardized solution structure, services for authenticaiton, authorization and navigation, implementation of specific patterns, as well as constructs such as modules and views.
The Composite Web Client Automation automates creating many of the aspects of such a solution through a set of recipes that integrate in to Visual Studio 2005. Additionally it provides automation to create new Web Client solutions that utilize ASP.NET AJAX and upgrading existing ASP.NET applications to use ASP.NET AJAX.
This release of the Composite Web Client Automation is an update to the Guidance Package in the Web Client Software Factory - June 2007 release. This release adds additional recipes as well as modifies some existing recipes. PageFlow receipes have been removed as they are to be released as a separate automation bundle.
For more information, click here to see the Composite Web Client Automation FAQ
What are some scenarios to consider using this guidance for?
Developing Web Client solutions that utilize the Composite Web Application library.
- Creating a new Web Client solution.
- Adding business and foundation modules.
- Creating Page View, User Control Views and Master Pages that implement MVP and leverage Dependency Injection.
- Creating Test projects and skeletons for Presenter Unit-Tests, Mock Views and Stub Controllers.
- Upgrading existing ASP.NET solutions to use ASP.NET AJAX
Who should use this library?
This library is for Developers and Architects who are interested in developing composite Line-Of-Business ASP.NET Web applications.
What is in the bundle?
- Guidance Package: Contains the receipes for automation the creation of a Web Client solution and for upgrading an existing ASP.NET application to use ASP.NET AJAX.
- Application Blocks binaries: Contains the binaries for the Composite Web UI Application block, ObjectContainerDataSource, and the ContextSensitiveAutoCompleteExtender and ServerSideValidationExtender.
- Guidance Package Source Code: Contains the source code for the Composite Web Client Automation Guidance package.
- Documentation: Overview of the blocks and how to use them.
What needs to be installed?
- Install all of the prerequisites for the bundle.
- Execute the bundle installer.
- Read and accept the EULA.
- Specify the destination folder.
- Copy the AjaxControlToolkit.dll assembly to %bundle destination folder%\Lib\AjaxControlToolkit.
Click here to be taken to the list of known issues