Here is the change log for our January 15th drop:Reference Implementation
- Modular Navigation site map. Modules can add their sitemap nodes in a pull-fashioned way to the main application site map (see the Web.sitemap file).
- Custom Routing. The default MVC route has been removed and instead specific routes are used for each action/controller pair (see the ShellRouteSupplier.cs file).
- Modular Deployment. To simplify the RI, both external modules (Friends and MyLibrary) have been moved into the main MusicStore.Web project. The deployment of modules is not demonstrated in the RI, however it is documented in the “Modular Deployment” document.
- HTTP Handler. The CombineAndMinifyHandler was updated to reduce security risks, it no longer supports individual files minification.
Updated the look and feel of the WebForms_RI
Quickstart. The new styles are still work-in-progress.Documentation
- Added the “Modularity” document. This document describes the basic technical concepts related to modular applications.
- Added the “How to Create Unit Tests” document. This document describes the basic steps to create server side unit tests for applications that use the MVP and MVC patterns.
- Added the “Security Mitigations in the Music Store RI” document.
- Added the “Responsiveness” (draft version) document. This document outlines usability and performance patterns to build a responsive application.
- Added the “Patterns in the Web Client Guidance” document. This document contains a brief descriptions of the main patters used in the Web Client Guidance project.
- Updated the “Microsoft Ajax Library and JQuery” document.
- Updated “Modular Deployment” document.
- Updated “Cross-site scripting” document.