Here is the change log for this drop. There will be another drop at the end of iteration 8, probably in the first week of January. This drop includes the bulk of our refactoring work that cleans up much of the technical debt we've incurred. Please take a close detailed look at our source code and send us any feedback you have.Reference Implementation
- Polished solution folder structure and files. Several files and folder has been moved and renamed, to provide a better structure for the solution.
- Refactored SongsController into separate controllers. Search features are now handled by the search controller and the rating business logic was is handled by a the new RatingService service.
- Included MusicStoreBootstrapper, which extends ApplicationBootstrapper base class for application initialization. All routes, services and initialiazers are registered and loaded in the bootstrapper instead of the Global.asax file.
- Updated validation to MVC2 RC. The DefererClientSideValidation method is no longer needed and custom validations can specify when they run (Not always that a change occur to the field).
- Created the top songs module that includes the view for the top ten songs and friends’ top songs. The shell application consumes these views using the RenderAction method.
- Updated unit tests to use a consistent naming convention.
- Included the country field in the Profile page and updated controller to use ProfileViewModel.
- Updated validation to MVC2 RC in the Validation Quickstart. Updated Custom validations
- Updated Validation QuickStart document. Updated MVC validation section to MVC 2 RC version.
- Added patterns documents: Inversion of Control, Service Locator, Dependency Injection, Separated Presentation, Model View Controller, and Model View Presenter.
- Updated Top Ten Tasks for improving responsiveness in WebForms.