WCSF in Prod

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, Project Management Forum
Apr 24, 2007 at 10:47 PM
I'm currently evaluating whether our team should use WCSF and I was wondering if anyone successfully used WCSF in production? If so, what was the outcome of the experience, did it make developing a complex web application easier? did developers buy into the Guidance concept? Were there any serious problems related to this being the first version 1.0?

Any feedback is great, thanks.

Apr 25, 2007 at 5:02 AM
Actually, I'm currently setting up a full software factory consisting of the Web Client Software Factory, the Service Software Factory (v2 now, v3 soon), AJAX, WCF, etc.,etc. Although the current team has not started massive development, introducing the concepts in the first knowledge sessions has shown that they can easily cope with the ideas. Moreover, I've already successfully applied the same concepts using the Smart Client SF. The services repository tends to be a bit vague for most developers, but the clean separation in modules makes it easier to comprehend the complexity of a typical business application.

Since the design patterns in WCSF are all proven practices from the software industry, you will gain a lot of flexibility when your application starts to mature (grows, extends, changes, merges with other applications).