Target platform to deploy WCSF web applications

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Apr 23, 2007 at 7:35 AM
Hi,
What kind of platform is needed to run a WCSF based web application?
If I choose to use WCSF, can I use Oracle or am I constrained to use SQL Server?
I believe .NET 2.0 has to be installed to run WCSF based web application without using PageFlow, is that right?

Thanks for any hint on this!
CRaDe
Apr 23, 2007 at 10:46 AM
Hi,

if you download wcsf , you can find in the help file the following System Requirements:

This guidance was designed to run on the Microsoft Windows 2000, Windows XP Professional, or Windows Server 2003 operating system. Applications built using this guidance will require the .NET Framework 2.0 and .NET Framework 3.0 to run.

Before you can compile and run the reference implementation, the following must to be installed:

Internet Information Services (IIS) 5.0 or later
.NET Framework 3.0
Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0 (Windows Workflow Foundation)
Enterprise Library for .NET Framework 2.0

If you don't want to use pageFlows you can skip .Net Framework 3.0 and Visual Studio 2005 extensions for .NET Framework 3.0.

Chosen Database doesn't matter.
See for more: http://davidhayden.com/blog/dave/archive/2007/04/19/WebClientSoftwareFactoryDataAccessLayer.aspx

Regards,
Boris
Apr 23, 2007 at 11:59 AM
Thanks for the infos!
Jun 4, 2007 at 8:41 AM
From the link mentioened, is that means we need to install the WSSF also to retrieve the data from the database?