Unit tests on reference implementation for WCSF

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, UIP Application Block discussion, User Forum
Apr 20, 2007 at 3:38 PM
I am not working with VSTS and have Visual Studio 2005 installed on my machine. I did the installation as per instructions on the web for WCSF. When I compiled the code on VS 2005 I ran into an error

Error 102 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.UnitTestFramework, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. E:\My Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\RI1\Source\Infrastructure\WebUI\Web.config 134

Where can I get the QualityTools.UnitTestFramework, please help.
Coordinator
Apr 20, 2007 at 4:45 PM
Hi, Srikumar, please take a look at this post where this issue has already surfaced: solution

For your convinience, here is what it says:
If you opened the solution file: GlobalBank.Commercial.EBanking (VSTS Tests).sln you need to have VSTS (Team Suite) or the VSTT (Test), as it includes Visual Studio unit tests.

However, GlobalBank.Commercial.EBanking.sln should not require any of the VS test tools. But, it looks like we left something in the Web.Config file.

If you remove lines 134 and 135 from the Web.Config (located under ~\RI1\Source\Infrastructure\WebUI) which read:

<add assembly="Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.UnitTestFramework, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
<add assembly="Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Resource, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

You should be able to run the RI without VSTS.

Please let me know if this works for you, so we fix this on the WCSC 1.1 release.
Julián Domínguez
http://staff.southworks.net/blogs/jdominguez