Using WebParts with WCSF

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Apr 19, 2007 at 12:44 PM
Hi

I have a WCSF-project and I want my users to be met with a portal-like first-page (after they have logged in of course).

Have anyone tried this or have any ideas about how to do this in a way that make sense and dont make to much spagetti?

It may be some problems with this that I cannot see right now so if anyone have any thoughts, let me know.

I'm not sure how I give the WebParts access to the WebServices that is available via the controller for the other views I have that is not WebParts? Best practices on this issue?

LF.
Apr 20, 2007 at 4:09 PM
I am looking to do a similar thing, and I was wondering if you can use the same view/presenter strategy with user controls (acx) as you do with pages. That is, can I create a presenter in the business module for the user control and then instantiate it in my control code-behind? Is there anything special that needs to be done with a page based on web parts to fit in with this strategy?
Apr 21, 2007 at 9:04 PM
Hi John
I think you are very close a solution here hehe... Read this: http://www.codeplex.com/websf/Thread/View.aspx?ThreadId=8496

As you can see you have to do some modifications to make this work with user controls. Im going to make a class that inherits WebClientApplication and see if I can make this work. Let me hear from you if you finish this before me and vica versa ;-)

LF.