Get Ready... Enterprise Library 3.0 is coming!

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Apr 5, 2007 at 3:56 PM
"Get Ready... Enterprise Library 3.0 is coming!" is what it says on the Enteprise Library CodePlex Home Page so I suspect the new version of Enterprise Library will be released any day now. I just want to give you a heads up so you are ready to smoke test and integrate it with WCSF.

I am sure there are a lot of us WCSF Developers that would love to:

- Use the new Validation and Policy Injection Blocks
- Edit our WCSF Web.config File from within Visual Studio using the new Integrated Editor
- Use the new DAAB that support System.Transactions and Batch Updates
- Log to a Rolling Flat File Tracelistener
- Get all the new WCF Enhancements in all of the blocks

My expectation is to uninstall all my guidance packages and the old June 2006 GAT/GAX that I am still running and-

1) Reinstall the Feb 2007 GAT/GAX
2) Install a new WCSF Guidance Package for EntLib 3.0 that has both Website and WAP Support

I haven't stayed abreast of all the downloads you have provided with enhancements and/or fixes, but certainly feel free to consolidate any separate enhancements and fixes into the new Guidance Package. If you want to version the new Guidance Package as 1.1 or whatever, by all means do so if it makes sense.

I think now would be a good time to start talking about the details of the migration and your action plan as this is pretty important.

Regards,

Dave

David Hayden
Microsoft MVP C#
Coordinator
Apr 10, 2007 at 2:37 AM
Check out Blaine's blog post about this, entitled Voting early and often results in a planned point release of WCSF with EntLib 3.0