Using the WCSF with existing web site projects

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Coordinator
Mar 26, 2007 at 7:42 PM
As a compliment to my earlier post (Using the WCSF with an existing Web Application Project), here is a new post Using the WCSF with existing web site projects
Apr 2, 2007 at 6:21 AM
Thank you for the great post. This almost worked for me except I'm getting the error below. I think it is because all of my projects reference version 2.0.0.0 of enterprise library whereas the composite ui block references version 2.0.1.0. I haven't yet tried changing all of my project references to the entlib dll's in the Library folder because I have a ton of projects but even if this did fix the issue my preferred method would be to install the version of entlib with the 2.0.1.0 dll's. However, it looks like the latest version for download is the Jan 2006 version which I believe is the 2.0.0.0 version. Is version 2.0.1.0 publicly available?
Coordinator
Apr 2, 2007 at 7:48 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2007 at 7:49 PM
Enterprise Library 2.0.1.0 is identical to the last full release of Ent Lib (2.0.0.0) with the partial trust patch applied.
We included the binaries in WCSF to decrease the number of dependencies you would need to download and install. The binaries should be in the <InstallationFolder>\Library directory, where <InstallationFolder> defaults to C:\Program Files\Microsoft Web Client Factory.
I believe the teh Web Service SOftware Factory also included the EntLib binaries in their deliverable.
Apr 5, 2007 at 4:16 AM
OK, I see that all of the binaries are in the <InstallationFolder>\Microsoft Practices Library folder. I should be able to copy that to my reference directory where my projects reference the older version (2.0.0.0) of entlib. This should make it so I don't have to update the references in all my projects. You may want to add a note to your excellent blog so that people know to copy the new entlib dll's if projects in their solution reference version 2.0.0.0.

Thanks!!!