Problem Compiling the Guidance Package

Topics: UIP Application Block discussion
Mar 19, 2007 at 6:23 PM
I'm having problems when trying to compile the Guidance Package. I have already run the GlobalBank application and the Quick Starts. But when I tried to compile the Guidance Package i got the following errors: (Is worth to mention that i'm using VS2005 Profesional Edition)

Error 1 The type or namespace name 'Practices' does not exist in the namespace 'Microsoft' (are you missing an assembly reference?) C:\Documents and Settings\carloslone\Mis documentos\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\GP\WebClientFactory\WebClientFactoryPackageInstaller\InstallerClass.cs 18 17 WebClientFactoryPackageInstaller

the same error occur with the following references:

Microsoft.Practices.ComponentModel
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Common
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Library
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio

thanks for your help

Carlos Lone
http://blog.contoso.net/dotnetmaniagt

Mar 19, 2007 at 8:46 PM
Hi

My guess is that you do not have the guidance automation toolkit installed just the guidande automation extensions.
That configuration would allow you to use a guidance package but not build packages

Tor Arne Gjelhus
Coordinator
Mar 20, 2007 at 1:15 AM
Exactly. Grab the Guidance Automation Toolkit (GAT), and install it. This will allow you to work on Guidance Packages.
Mar 20, 2007 at 8:00 AM
I've got exactly the same problem as carloslone and I've installed everything in the right order.

I've the following config and installed in the following order
  • GuidanceAutomationExtensions feb CTP
  • GuidanceAutomationToolkit feb CTP
  • Visual Studio 2005 Extensions for Windows Workflow Foundation (EN) (dotnetfx 3 was already installed)
  • WebClientSoftwareFactory-January2007
Coordinator
Mar 20, 2007 at 5:58 PM
Ooops. This looks like a versioning/reference problem. We shipped WCSF on the previous CTP of GAT/GAX. You will probably need to update the references to the GAT/GAX DLLs in the Guidance Package projects to point at the version installed by the February CTPs.

Let me know if that helps solve the problem.
Mar 23, 2007 at 7:12 AM
will there be a version shipped on the current Feb2007 GAT/GAX?
Coordinator
Mar 23, 2007 at 7:12 PM
When we do our second release of the WCSF (later this year; see the roadmap), we will most likely use the latest versions of all our dependencies (Enterprise Libary, GAT, GAX, etc.).