Installing WAP Guidance Package on Vista

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Mar 3, 2007 at 9:10 AM
I followed the instruction of how to get the WAP Package running. Build and registration were successful. I ran into an error when i tried to create a "Web Client Soluton (WAP)" Project. The error message:

------------------------------------------------------------
System.Security.SecurityException: Package WebClientFactoryGuidancePackageWithWAPSupport configuration file is located at D:\MyCustomDataFolder\Projects\WCSF Source\GP\WebClientFactoryWAPSupport\WebClientFactoryPackage\bin\Release\\WebClientFactoryPackage.xml which is not a trusted location.
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.CheckPackageSecurity(String package, String location)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.GetConfigurationReader(String packageName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeManager.EnablePackage(String packageName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.LoadPackage()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.RunStarted(Object automationObject, Dictionary`2 replacementsDictionary, WizardRunKind runKind, Object[] customParams)
The Zone of the assembly that failed was:
MyComputer

One noticable detail is the double backslash (Release\\WebClientFactoryPackage.xml) in the path to the config file. I came over that error by opening the folder that contains the WebClientFactoryPackage.xml, and clicking the "Unblock" button in the properties dialog for that file.

Next try to create the project was successful regarding to the access problem but ra into the following error later on:

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ActionExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateWebClientFactorySolutionWAP. Error was: Action AddCompositeWebAssemblyReferencesToWeb failed to execute:
A reference to the component 'Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder' already exists in the project..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.Runtime.InteropServices.COMException (0x8004D745): A reference to the component 'Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder' already exists in the project.
at VSLangProj.References.Add(String bstrPath)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Actions.VisualStudio.AddAssembliesReferenceAction.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName, Dictionary`2 inputValues)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.IActionExecutionService.Execute(String actionName)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Coordinators.ConditionalCoordinator.Run(Dictionary`2 declaredActions, XmlElement coordinationData)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ExecuteActions(IDictionaryService readOnlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, ITypeResolutionService resolution)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.ExecuteFromTemplate(String recipe, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.ExecuteRecipe(Boolean executeActions)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.RunFinished()
---> Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.UndoActionException: Action CreateLibraryDirectory failed to perform undo operation:
The method or operation is not implemented. ---> System.Exception: The method or operation is not implemented.
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Extensions.Actions.OS.CreateDirectoryAction.Undo()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.UndoExecutedActionsAndRethrow(Exception ex)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---

Any suggestions of how to get the stuff running?
Mar 6, 2007 at 4:35 PM
Ok, got the stuff running now. I removed the following block from the web project template (...WCSF Source\GP\WebClientFactoryWAPSupport\WebClientFactoryPackage\Templates\Solutions\Projects\WebProject\WebUI.csproj), did a recompile / re-register and, voila, the stuff is running.

The block to remove:

--- snip -----------------------------------------------------------------
<Reference Include="Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
<SpecificVersion>False</SpecificVersion>
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.EnterpriseLibrary, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Common, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.ExceptionHandling.Logging, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Logging, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Microsoft.Practices.EnterpriseLibrary.Security, Version=2.0.1.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder, Version=1.0.51206.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
</Reference>
<Reference Include="Microsoft.Practices.ObjectBuilder.WCSFExtensions, Version=1.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=31bf3856ad364e35, processorArchitecture=MSIL">
</Reference>
--- snip -----------------------------------------------------------------

The removed references will be added by a receipt when you create the Solution.
Apr 2, 2007 at 5:12 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2007 at 5:16 PM
You can also run streams.exe from sysinternals to the folders that are 'blocked' by the OS... see http://www.microsoft.com/sysinternals/
Apr 2, 2007 at 11:21 PM
Edited Apr 2, 2007 at 11:25 PM
Hi,

I am using Vista and VS 2005, after following instruction to unzip WebClientFactoryWAPSupport in GP folder I am not able to compile the solution, its showing following reference missing -
Microsoft.Practices.Common
Microsoft.Practices.ComponentModel
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Common
Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio
Microsoft.Practices.WizardFramework

Any help to resolve this issue, please also let me know, how to register it after its compiled.

regards

Khuzema
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2007 at 12:54 AM
Do you have both GAX (Guidance Automation Extensions) and GAT (Guidance AUtomation Toolkit) installed?
If so, you probably have version 1.1 of GAT/GAX, and this was built against GAT/GAX v1.2
The simple solution is to delete and re-add the references to those libraries.
The tougher solution is to upgrade your versions of GAT and GAX.
Apr 3, 2007 at 11:32 AM
Edited Apr 3, 2007 at 2:05 PM
Hi,

Thanks for your reply, when installing GAX gives me error message 2869. I even tried creating bat file with 'msiexec /i GuidanceAutomationExtensions.msi' but no luck.

dont know how to solve it. Any help on this?

PS: by GAT/GAX v1.2 you mean by Feb 2007 ctp?
regards

Khuzema
Coordinator
Apr 3, 2007 at 4:39 PM
Sorry. I used the internal version number.
I meant the GAT/GAX February CTPs. Thanks for the catch.

In Vista, try running the installers from a command prompt that was started with Admin privledges. That is the common cause of problems on Vista.