Adding View Presenter

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Feb 14, 2007 at 6:38 PM
Hi. I added a View Presenter and hooked it all up - added events etc. And it worked fine. I then went in and changed the interface and a number of things to fit with my real code. All looked good and then I tried to compile. I got an erro about not having implemented an interface correctly. It looked fine to me. Anyhow, I couldn't get to the bottom of it so deleted the view, the interface and the presenter. I then created a new one with the same name. Now even without any code added to the view i get an interface error as follows. any ideas?

Error 1 'ShellRentalProperty' does not implement interface member 'Merlin.WebClient.Shell.Views.IRentalProperty.RentalProperty' c:\WINDOWS\Microsoft.NET\Framework\v2.0.50727\Temporary ASP.NET Files\merlin.web\2a6a5a7e\6bc50ba\AppWeb_d9ii7pdq.0.cs 14

Again, this is with a brand new MVP with abosultely no code added.
Feb 14, 2007 at 7:53 PM
Fixed - seemed to be the web site referencing an old copy of the shell module. This seemed to be due to a literal reference. I changed this to a project reference and I got to the next stage.
Coordinator
Feb 15, 2007 at 5:28 PM
Edited Feb 15, 2007 at 5:29 PM
One of the things we discovered in the process of working on the WCSF was that the best way to add DLL references to a Web Site Project was through the Property Pages References tab, not by right-clicking on References and choosing Add Reference. For some reason things behave much better this way.