Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeExecutionException

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Sep 8, 2009 at 10:23 PM

I am receiving the following error when trying to add a new C# business module to my solution.  What are the possible causes of this?  I'm having trouble figuring out why this is occurring.  Thanks.

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeExecutionException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateModuleCS. Error was: The following arguments are required and don't have values: RootNamespace, ModuleNamespace, ModuleTestProjectNamespace, ModuleInterfaceProjectNamespace, ModuleWebsiteNamespace. Can't continue execution..

You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager.

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.ThrowIfRequiredArgumentsAreNull(IDictionaryService arguments)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.ExecuteFromTemplate(String recipe, IDictionary arguments)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.ExecuteRecipe(Boolean executeActions)

at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.Templates.UnfoldTemplate.RunFinished()

Sep 11, 2009 at 10:46 PM

Hi Bill,

This kind of error is usually related to the fact that the WCSF Guidance Package uses some information in the solution file (open the solution with a text editor to check it) to execute its recipes. Modifications to this file, might cause the recipes to stop working correctly. A possible reason for the solution file being modified could be (but is not only) that the solution was moved to a different directory.

There are some threads that deal with similar situation, so you might be able to find more guidance in those. You can find the links below:

Please let me know if this helps.

Damian Schenkelman
http://blogs.southworks.net/dschenkelman

May 26, 2011 at 6:29 PM

These links were a big help.  I was able to finally add a new module.  However, there is an additional step I had to follow.  My project has a folder containing all the dll's.  This folder was named SharedBinaries.  But when the Guidance package manager tries to build a web site, it is looking for the 'library' folder.  I renamed my SharedBinaries to library *and* added the GlobalSection entry to the .sln file.