Issues while using WAP web client solution template

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, Project Management Forum
May 25, 2009 at 11:47 AM

Hi,

I am planning to use the WAP(web application project) template for web client solution. The template creates a separate WAP project for each module and adds a default.aspx in the module web application project that points to a shared master page.

ISSUE 1: VS 2008 SP1 gives an error (master page error) while displaying The design view for the aspx page that refers to a shared master page. is there any workaround for this.

ISSUE 2: How do i use user control in such scenario, i wish to creat a user control in the main project that can be shared across module projects

Any help will be appretiated

Regards,

Subodh

May 26, 2009 at 9:37 PM

Hi Subodh,

Regarding the first issue, it might be related to the following discussion:

·         Nested master pages VS IDE related problems    

Regarding the second issue, you might use the Add User Control (with presenter) Recipe to add a control to the main WAP. That will add the control (.ascx) into the WAP and the presenter into the module project as described in the How to: Add a User Control with a Presenter. To reuse this control in another modules, just “drag  and drop” the .ascx file into the page designer (the control might not show correctly in the designer but should work in runtime).

Hope it helps!

Matias Bonaventura

http://blogs.southworks.net/matiasb

May 27, 2009 at 2:35 PM

Hi Matias,

Thanks for the reply.

The first issue (shared Master page related) is resolved but partially, i.e. the page in the module WAP gets loaded in the design view but I still face foloowing issues in the design view:

1. Controls from the master page are not displayed/rendered, instead following error message is displayed for each control: "Error Creating Control - <ControlName> Value does not fall within the expected range"
  2. If I drag and drop a user control created in the main WAP on an aspx page in module WAP,  the user control does not gets rendered, instead following error message is displayed: "Error Rendering Control - ColumnChooser1  The file "~/ColumnChooser.ascx" was not found"
  3. When I press F5 form a page in the module WAP i get an error, but if i do the same from an aspx page in Main WAP the page gets displayed in the browser, I am also able to navigate to the modules aspx page from here, but i cant directly press F5 from an aspx page in module WAP!!
    1. Error: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request, Parser Error Message: The file '/Shared/DefaultMaster.master' does not exist.

Note: Everyting is displayed properly when i run the application

Any help will be appretiated, please let me know if you need any more details

Thanks and Regards,

Subodh