AutoComplete Example

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, User Forum
Feb 3, 2009 at 10:41 AM
Hi,

When I try to run the AutoCompleteQuickStart Example, the following error message came out:

Description: An error occurred during the parsing of a resource required to service this request. Please review the following specific parse error details and modify your source file appropriately.

Parser Error Message: Could not load file or assembly 'AjaxControlToolkit, Version=3.0.11119.25533, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=28f01b0e84b6d53e' or one of its dependencies. The located assembly's manifest definition does not match the assembly reference. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x80131040)

The version of ajaxcontroltoolkit on my machine is 3.0.20820.16598, do I have to downgrade the version to use the ContextSensitiveAutoCompleteExtender control?

Thanks
Feb 3, 2009 at 1:01 PM

Hi,

Since the AjaxControlToolkit.dll assembly is strong named, you must use the same AjaxControlToolkit version that AjaxControlToolkit.WCSFExtensions uses.

The cause of this is that by default, the CLR attempts to bind with the exact version of an assembly that the application was built with. As it was mentioned before, the referred assembly version resides on the dependant assembly manifest and it is determined on compilation time.

The AjaxControlToolkit assembly (version 3.0.11119.25533) that you need was released in the Release #11119 of the AjaxControlToolkit’s Codeplex site.

As a possible workaround to avoid downgrading the AjaxControlToolkit version, you can use assembly version redirection to avoid having to rebuild the AjaxControlToolkit.WCSFExtensions.dll assembly. With the redirection mechanism, you can tell the CLR to redirect one assembly version to another. So, to implement this workaround, you have to copy the following code in the Web.config file inside the Web Site:

<runtime>

<assemblyBinding xmlns="urnchemas-microsoft-com:asm.v1">

<dependentAssembly>

<assemblyIdentity name="AjaxControlToolkit"

publicKeyToken="28f01b0e84b6d53e"

culture="neutral"/>

<bindingRedirect oldVersion="3.0.11119.25533"

newVersion="3.0.20820.16598"/>

</dependentAssembly>

</assemblyBinding>

</runtime>

You may find useful the following article to get more information about assembly version redirection:

·         Redirecting Assembly Versions

Please, let me know if this helps.

Ezequiel Sculli

http://blogs.southworks.net/esculli/

Feb 3, 2009 at 1:19 PM
Thank you so much.

I can now run the example after setting the re-direction. :)
Aug 13, 2009 at 1:18 PM

Just Remove the Runat="server" property

<ajaxtoolkitwcsfextensions:ServerSideValidationExtender ID="AccountNumberServerSideValidationExtender"
                 runat="server"     TargetControlID="AccountNumberPropertyProxyValidator">
                </ajaxtoolkitwcsfextensions:ServerSideValidationExtender>

remove runat="server" it will work definitely ...

Regards,

Shaik Haneef,

India