Why has Page Flow Application Block been removed?

Topics: Web Client Software Factory, UIP Application Block discussion, User Forum
Feb 2, 2009 at 4:59 PM
Hello Folks,

I was pretty excited about the WF-ASP.NET integration implemented by the Page Flow Application Block and rather surprised to find it removed in the Feb 2008 package. Now I wonder why this has been done.

Is there a conflict of concepts between the Page Flow approach and the Controller in the MVP pattern?!

Please give me a hint on this. I'd like to use both WCSF and Page Flow in a productive environment - has anyone done this before??
If there is any reason not to use them in combination plz let me know.

Cheers,
Harris
Feb 2, 2009 at 5:34 PM
I think it just moved over to the contrib project at: http://www.codeplex.com/wcsfcontrib

Hope this helps,
Mark Fitzpatrick
Feb 3, 2009 at 7:38 AM
Edited Feb 3, 2009 at 7:39 AM
Thx for the pointer, Mark! I found out about that, too, and got the WCSF Contrib Page Flow package to run already.
Yeah, it might have been just a technical consideration to carve out the Page Flow Application Block.

Further, in the Page Flow Help it reads

Design Goals

The Page Flow Application Block is designed to support the following goals for extensibility and developer productivity:

• Allow developers to easily design and implement page flow behavior. Provide this in a way that is easily consumed by the common View-Presenter pattern ...
So this pretty much resolves the conceptual question for me.

Still I would be interested if anyone uses the combination MVP + Page Flow productively. Any real-life experience would be highly appreciated :)

Thank you in advance.
Harry Detering