N Tier using WCSF

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Nov 26, 2008 at 8:49 AM
Hi,

How could I use WCSF to support the N Tier .net application? So we can deploy the application amony different servers? i.e. web server, application server?

Cheers
Nov 27, 2008 at 2:19 PM
Edited Nov 27, 2008 at 2:20 PM

Hi,

One of the most important topics taken into account in the developing of WCSF was to be helpful for developers/architects to test the presentation layer in an easy way, implementing things like the following:

·         Model-View-Presenter Pattern

·         Inversion of Control

·         Dependency Injection

Web Client Software Factory does not define clearly how you should design the back-end of your application, the factory lets you the possibility to choose the way that you can implement it based in your application’s features and characteristics.

In this way, you should feel free to chose the design of your application, for example:

·         Implementing all the application logic in the presenters/controllers to create a 1-Layer design.

·         Using Services (to inject these into the presenters/controllers in a easy way) or separated Class libraries to create a N-Layers design.

·         Using WebServices/WCF/Remoting to create a N-Tier design.

I think you should not have problems if you try to develop your application using a N-Tier design. It all depends on how you implement your architecture.

Please, let me know if you find this helpful, and feel free to send more questions, I will try to answer them.

Ezequiel Sculli

http://blogs.southworks.net/esculli/

Nov 27, 2008 at 4:54 PM
Hi,

Ezequiel is indeed correct in saying that the WCSF documentation does not deal with an N-tier architecture. But, if you check out the documentation of the Web Service Software Factory: Modeling Edition, you'll find a lot of information on how to handle your business and data layers, even if you don't need the additional service layer. Also, if you need a nice example, you can download the source code of of an example application that I've used to combine all my best practices while working with both factories.

Dennis Doomen
http://www.dennisdoomen.net  
Nov 27, 2008 at 5:45 PM
Thank for your reply Ezequiel and Dennis.

The information you provided are very helpful.