Multiple users running applications that use the application block on the same computer

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Jan 19, 2007 at 1:30 PM
What that mean:
Multiple users running applications that use the application block on the same computer(the default page flow correlation token provider, CookiePageFlowCorrelationTokenProvider, does not support this).

A user can run two different applications on the same computer that use the Page Flow application job?

Thanks,

Jose
Jan 20, 2007 at 12:18 AM
This is a scenario we considered. However, it did not make it into this release. There is a spot in the PageFlow documentation that lists other features that were not make it in to the release. Here is a snippet from the docs:

Scenarios Not in Scope
This version of the Page Flow Application Block does not include support for the following scenarios:
• Progress indicators (also known as "bread crumbs")
• Pop-up windows
• Shared transitions between different page flows
• Query string management
• Multiple sessions by the same user (for example, the user has a Web client application open in two browser instances at the same time)
• Multiple users running applications that use the application block on the same computer (the default page flow correlation token provider, CookiePageFlowCorrelationTokenProvider, does not support this)

There is a solution, though. You could implement your own implementation of IPageFlowCorrelationTokenProvider that can handle more than one user by using a different identifier. After a minor tweak to the web.config to point the pageFlowInstanceCorrelationTokenProvider at your new type, and you should be set.
Jan 28, 2007 at 10:45 PM
Hmm, what is the web.config tweak, a simple example would be nice.

Regards
SonnyM
Jan 28, 2007 at 10:48 PM
Okay, please ignore the above post I know what you mean.

Cheers
Sonny M
Apr 2, 2007 at 11:27 AM
Could someone please clarify this for me.

Does this mean if I have two sites which use page flow, my users cannot access both sites? Does this mean in the same browser session, at the same time in two browser sessions or something else?

Maybe I have read the documentation wrong

S.