Web Client Software Factory

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Jan 15, 2007 at 1:14 AM
Hi,

I have just downloaded and installed the latest Web Client Software Factory drop. When I go to build the reference application I get the following error

Error 1 Could not load file or assembly 'Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.UnitTestFramework, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=b03f5f7f11d50a3a' or one of its dependencies. The system cannot find the file specified. C:\Users\me\Documents\Visual Studio 2005\Projects\WCSF Source\RI1\Source\Infrastructure\WebUI\Web.config 134

Do I need to have some test stuff installed?

Regards,
hdb
Jan 15, 2007 at 1:28 AM
If you opened the solution file: GlobalBank.Commercial.EBanking (VSTS Tests).sln you need to have VSTS (Team Suite) or the VSTT (Test), as it includes Visual Studio unit tests.

However, GlobalBank.Commercial.EBanking.sln should not require any of the VS test tools. But, it looks like we left something in the Web.Config file.

If you remove lines 134 and 135 from the Web.Config (located under ~\RI1\Source\Infrastructure\WebUI) which read:

<add assembly="Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.UnitTestFramework, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>
<add assembly="Microsoft.VisualStudio.QualityTools.Resource, Version=8.0.0.0, Culture=neutral, PublicKeyToken=B03F5F7F11D50A3A"/>

You should be able to run the RI without VSTS.

If that does not help, let us know.
Jan 15, 2007 at 1:35 AM
Thanks very much. That has done the job.