globalization

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Jan 2, 2007 at 9:40 PM
Hi guys,

Can explain me, how can I create a web page to support globalization with Web Client Software Factory?
Jan 3, 2007 at 8:33 AM
Good question.

The ASP.NET globalization features are provided through the HttpContext (proxied by Page).

The MVP (I suppose the MVPC also applies) states that all formatting is the responsability of the presenter.

"static" resources (the ones that only change with the culture and are the View's responsability) can still be used the ASP.NET way.

"dynamic" resources (status/error messages and other representation of business/application related texts) should be provided by a service.
Feb 27, 2007 at 1:56 AM

PauloMorgado wrote:
Good question.

The ASP.NET globalization features are provided through the HttpContext (proxied by Page).

The MVP (I suppose the MVPC also applies) states that all formatting is the responsability of the presenter.

"static" resources (the ones that only change with the culture and are the View's responsability) can still be used the ASP.NET way.

"dynamic" resources (status/error messages and other representation of business/application related texts) should be provided by a service.

Are you aware of any samples on doing so?

I'm particularly interested in finding a solution for things like:
SiteMapNodeInfo moduleNode = new SiteMapNodeInfo("Home", "~/Default.aspx", "Home", "Home");

found in the Shell's ShellModuleInitializer.cs !

A service?

Pat

Mar 5, 2007 at 9:24 AM
Edited Mar 5, 2007 at 9:25 AM
You could build your SiteMapNodeInfoWithResources class and populate it's UI text properties with values retrieved from resources.

--
Paulo Morgado
http://msmvps.com/blogs/PauloMorgado/