project type not supported by this installation and not a trusted location

Topics: User Forum
Dec 31, 2006 at 10:37 PM
Hi
when trying to open the ebanking solution i get the above error on almost all of the projects.

also, when trying to create a new project from the web client solution guidance package i get the following error: webclientfactory package located at ....\\webclientfactorypackage.xml which is not a trusted location

thanks
Jan 1, 2007 at 7:57 AM
Rightclick webclientfactorypackage.xml -> select properties -> click unblock button.

Then u are good to go!
Jan 3, 2007 at 10:46 AM
Hi Bennie
i checked the webclientfactorypackage.xml file but it was not blocked.

Here is the sequence of my install. I downloaded the zip file for the latest dropped and unzipped. the zip was blocked but i did not notice it until i had gone through all of the installation steps.

from other posts, i figured out that the zip file was blocked - so i unblocked the zip file and unzipped to a different folder and went through all of the steps again. i wish i could just start over. is there anyway to uninstall what i have done and start fresh?

Thanks
tony

Coordinator
Jan 8, 2007 at 3:35 AM
Do you have both of the following installed?
• .NET Framework 3.0 RC (http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=19E21845-F5E3-4387-95FF-66788825C1AF&displaylang=en)
• Visual Studio 2005 Extensions for Windows WorkFlow Foundation http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=E8232F93-48F0-4E74-B09D-B51F1D4231A4&displaylang=en

I have only seen this on boxes that did not have the VS2005 Extensions for WorkFlow Foundation installed.
Jan 9, 2007 at 11:17 AM
i did install the workflow extensions as well as the .net framework 3.0. i redownloaded the install exe for both the extensions and the framework this morning and noticed in the properties that they were both blocked.

I am thinking this is the problem - do you agree?

Anyway, i am going to uninstall everything and start fresh. Hopefully, this will get me up and running.

Thanks
Tony