Error creating view

Topics: User Forum
Dec 18, 2006 at 1:46 PM
Hi,
I am using the latest drop from last week and when I try to create a view using the guidance package I get the following error I have pasted the stack trace:

Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.ValueProviderException: An exception occurred during the binding of reference or execution of recipe CreateView. Error was: An error happened while calling the value provider or evaluating the default value of argument ModuleInfos..
You can remove the reference to this recipe through the Guidance Package Manager. ---> System.ArgumentException: Value Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.Configuration.DependantModuleInfo[] specified for argument ModuleInfos can't be converted to the argument type Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.Configuration.DependantModuleInfo[].
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Services.DictionaryService.SetValue(Object key, Object value)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.CallProviders(IDictionary providers, IDictionaryService readonlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, Boolean isBefore)
--- End of inner exception stack trace ---
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.CallProviders(IDictionary providers, IDictionaryService readonlyArguments, IDictionaryService arguments, Boolean isBefore)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.Recipe.Execute(Boolean allowSuspend)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(String recipe, IAssetReference reference, IDictionary arguments)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.GuidancePackage.Execute(IAssetReference reference)
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.RecipeReference.OnExecute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.AssetReference.Execute()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.RecipeMenuCommand.OnExec()
at Microsoft.Practices.RecipeFramework.VisualStudio.AssetMenuCommand.Invoke()

thanks
Dec 18, 2006 at 6:04 PM
Once again all it needed was reboot and the problem went away.
:P
Dec 19, 2006 at 6:51 AM
yep, same error and same solution for me.
Dec 21, 2006 at 5:58 PM
Please try the new GP from this week drop. If the problem persists, let us know.
Dec 27, 2006 at 11:06 AM
I got the same problem on the latest drop. Reboot fixed the problem.