IModuleLoaderService is not available in the current context.

Topics: User Forum
Nov 23, 2006 at 10:03 PM
I'm working from the help file and the Module quick start to create a 'hello world' implementation of the framework. I'm hoping someone can help me with an error I'm getting.

When I build and run, I get the following error :

Service Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.Interfaces.IModuleLoaderService is not available in the current context.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.ServiceMissingException: Service Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.Interfaces.IModuleLoaderService is not available in the current context.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

ServiceMissingException: Service Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.Interfaces.IModuleLoaderService is not available in the current context.
Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.Collections.ServiceCollection.Get(Type serviceType, Boolean ensureExists) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SourceCode\Microsoft.Practices\CompositeWeb\Source\CompositeWeb\Collections\ServiceCollection.cs:306
Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.Collections.ServiceCollection.Get(Boolean ensureExists) in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SourceCode\Microsoft.Practices\CompositeWeb\Source\CompositeWeb\Collections\ServiceCollection.cs:263
Microsoft.Practices.CompositeWeb.WebClientApplication.LoadModules() in C:\Inetpub\wwwroot\SourceCode\Microsoft.Practices\CompositeWeb\Source\CompositeWeb\WebClientApplication.cs:192
Microsoft.Practices

I'm comparing my code to the quickstart and nothing is standing out as being missing or different. Any clues where I should be looking to find the problem?
Nov 24, 2006 at 3:50 PM
Do you have the appropriate .modinfo files in the webUI folders?