page flow and query string.

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Nov 19, 2006 at 8:08 PM
Why is query string management not in the scope? As I'm reading through the pre-release documentation. I must say that I'm quite surprised considering the platform this targets.
Nov 21, 2006 at 4:37 AM
Can you give us some concrete application scenarios around which you would like to see guidance?

Thanks,
Tim
Nov 22, 2006 at 7:00 PM
Just generally speaking, query strings are an important aspect of web based applications. The current page flow framework does not support transfer to pages and pass states through query strings. I find that to be a limiting constraint that will basically preclude me from incorporating the page flow framework into new projects.
Nov 22, 2006 at 10:35 PM
It could also be used to build items like the session state.

And while at it, add Application and Cache.
Nov 28, 2006 at 11:33 PM
The reason I singled out querystring and didn't include session/application/cache is because the latter 3 are on the server side, which you can easily find ways to manage them outside of the pageflow framework. (not to mention that a lot of times, you would want to use a more robust solution.)

query string on the other hand is effected by the pageflow, because it's directing all the traffic. and if you want certain pages to be indexable, querystring is definitely needed for the job.
Nov 28, 2006 at 11:55 PM
I think I got what you're talking about. Do you mean that query string "variables" should be passed into the page flow to allow them to be used in the page flow logic?