Best practices and recommendations

Topics: Web Client Software Factory
Mar 21, 2008 at 4:48 PM
Hi,

We are currently evaluating WCSF for new projects , any best practices / recommendations and performance bench marks available so that it would be useful.

Thanks for the help

Mar 22, 2008 at 1:55 PM

subramn wrote:
Hi,

We are currently evaluating WCSF for new projects , any best practices / recommendations and performance bench marks available so that it would be useful.

Thanks for the help

I found this link to be comprehensive and a great overview. My Recommendation would be to review the documentation, sample code and Unit test; this is the best way to gleen best practices - they've done an EXCELLENT job in all of these areas and there is an abundance of information.

It will be very important for the team to understand the Model-View-Presenter pattern (documentation has the best summary of this that I've seen to date). If they can grasp this first then the ramp-up time will be much quicker.

I haven't seen much in regards to performance bench marks but the above reference link boast performance improvements; the bulk of my performance test will be in the business logic that goes into the framework.